Ever see those beauty articles or makeup gurus talking about all the things you shouldn’t be doing when it comes to your beauty routine? Yeah, I’m guilty of doing a a lot of them. Some I know I should probably not be doing, like sleeping with my makeup on. But there are others that I just don’t see the harm in. Here are a few of my beauty mistakes.
- Going to sleep with my makeup on. Confession, I just started really washing off my makeup before bed a few months ago. I know it sounds terrible, but the only thing I used to wear on my face was blush. I isn’t use powder or concealer or foundation or anything else, so I didn’t really feel like I had makeup on my face. I did wear eye makeup so I used to rub that off or rinse it off with just water, but most of the time, I just went to bed as is. Now that I wear primer or BB or CC cream, I do feel like I have makeup on my face so I make sure to wash it off. Most nights. I still need to get used to the habit of doing it every night.
- Most makeup routines I see on youtube say you should do the fade thing at the start of your eyebrows to make them look more natural. I don’t do this. I don’t square them off or do a sharp line at the beginning but I do fill them in softly. The fade in technique just doesn’t look right on me and I prefer the other way.
- 99% of all mascaras make my eyelashes go straight down, no matter how much I curl them. I rarely wear mascara, but on the rare occasions I do, I have to curl my eyelashes again with mascara on. Apparently this is a big no no.
- I love eyeliner, I just like the way my eyes look with liner on the top and bottom. Most of the time I use black eyeshadow to line my bottom eyelids instead of actual eyeliner because it last longer, but I do line all around my eyes. I guess this is another beauty mistake I should be avoiding. (You’re only supposed to line the outer-to-mid corner of your bottom lash line)
- I always forget about SPF. I know most foundations/BB creams have SPF in them, but I didn’t wear foundation and only started using BB a few months ago and don’t even wear it every day. I live in Arizona so the sun is crazy almost all year round and I’m very pale. Luckily, I’m not really outdoors much in the summer and when I know I will be out in the sun (like at the pool or waterpark), I do wear suncreen on my face. I do need to invest in a good moisturizer with SPF in it.
- I just recently started applying my makeup in natural light, but for years I always put on my makeup in artificial lighting. I do think natural light is best, but I don’t think artificial lighting is terrible…
- I do use some self tanner sometimes since I’m really pale. The bottle says to wash your hands after (I use the lotion kind) but then I have that line at my wrists and my hands look a lot whiter than the rest of my arms. So yeah, I don’t wash my hands after. I wipe it off with a towel lightly, but not wash is completely off.
There you have it, some of my mistakes I’ve made according to experts. Do you do any of these?