Photography is the art, application, and practice of creating durable images by recording light or other electromagnetic radiation, either electronically or by means of an image sensor, or chemically by means of photographic film.
What is the purpose of Photography?
Photography is a picture language. It can be internationally understood, irrespective of their native language. This gives a photograph added meaning and a photographer added responsibility. The essential purpose of photography is communication. Photographs are photographers means of expression as words are the means of expression for a writer. As a writer should choose a specific field of work – journalism, creative writing, biography, etc. Similarly, a photographer should choose a specific field of photography, each field having its own purpose
Techniques of Photography
A large number of photographic techniques are used in capturing images for photography.They are:
The camera is an image forming device, and a photographic plate or a film or a silicon image sensor is used as a capturing medium. The camera is kind of a dark room or kind of a chamber from which all lights are excluded, except for the light forming the image.
Photographs including both monochrome and color, can be captured and displayed through two side by side images that copy the action of human stereoscopic vision. The stereoscopic vision was first used in capturing figures in motion.
It consists of taking photographs of a scene from both sides of a photographic device at once.
Others: Other than cameras, there are different methods of forming images with light. For example, photocopy or Xerox, photograms, images produced by the image scanner.
Modes of Photography
- Amateur: An amateur photographer is one who practices photography for hobby or passion and is not his/her profession.
- Commercial: Commercial photography can be defined as the photography of a professional family photography Perth, who gets paid for his/her photographs
The different types of commercial professional photoshoot Perth are:
- Advertising photography: Photographs usually made to sell a product or a service.
- Glamour Photography: It usually comprises of photographs of models, emphasizes clothes, products, body form.
- Concert Photography: It captures candid images of artists, performance as well as the atmosphere.
- Crime scene photography: Consists of capturing scenes of crimes, such as murders or robberies.
- Food photography: Taking pictures of various dishes from different angles for food reviewing.
- Portrait photography Perth and wedding photography: Photographs that are taken and sold directly to the user of the images.
- Landscape photography
- Wildlife photography
- Paparazzi: It is part of photojournalism where photographers take candid photos of athletes, celebrities, politicians, and others.
- Pet photography
Photography opens up a whole new world for us to explore. Many people only do photography for the love of nature or the want to capture the moment and frame it so that I can be remembered forever. But there are many who take photography as their profession and excel in their particular field of photography. For example, Portrait Photographer Perth, Midland photography etc.