The first week of May was definitely different and interesting and weird and fun all wrapped in one. It was my first week staying home alone and after cleaning my whole house at the beginning of the week, I wasn’t sure what else to do with myself for the rest of the days. As nice as it was to have some time to myself, I was also a little bit bored. I found myself talking to myself a lot since I was so used to talking to the baby all day. I finally started binge watching one of my favorite shows with my kids and went camping for the weekend. All in all, a very fun week!
Things That Made Me Happy:
* I ran/walked 4 miles almost every day last week. I run two songs and walk one song, which is an improvement over the run one song/walk one song I was doing when I first started a few weeks ago. Hopefully by the end of this month, I can run a whole mile without having to stop.
* My workouts were great, I ran 4 miles Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday I didn’t go because I had my daughter home with me (and I was super sore), and Friday. On Saturday I hiked like 6 miles and I was too tired to do anything on Sunday.
* I went camping to Camp Verde and went hiking to a beautiful waterfall in Fossil Creek (in Arizona). It’s a 3 hour drive to get there and a 1 hour drive on a horrible bumpy road to get to the parking site. From there, it’s a 6-7 mile hike to the actual waterfall. The weather was pretty shitty, it was cloudy and a little bit windy but it was all worth it because we all had a lot of fun. I hate cold water, but I ended up getting in (mostly) in the water.
* I binge watched a few seasons of a TV show, I don’t watch much TV. A big reason is that I don’t have a TV in my book room, which is where I spend most of my time, but another reason is that I can’t watch tv like a normal person. I either go months without watching any TV, or I binge watch 4 seasons in one week. I ended up watching 25 seasons of Victorious (the Nickelodeon tv show, love it!) with my kids on Thursday and it was nice to not do anything but watch tv for a whole day.
* Since it’s my birthday this month, I went to Sephora last week to get my birthday gift. I got the mini Marc Jacobs lipstick and eyeliner shown in the picture above and I also used up 100 of my points on the Too Faced bronzer, also shown in the picture above. Getting makeup is always fun, getting makeup for free is even better!
* I finally found a mascara that keeps my eyelashes curled! I’ve always struggled with mascara, they always seem to bring my eyelashes down, no matter how much I curl them. I have tried drugstore and high-end and nothing works. Most days, I wouldn’t even wear mascara. I finally caved and got the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara a few weeks ago and this actually not only holds my curls, but it makes my lashes look long and full (which I know is the point of mascara, but it never worked on me). I’ve been loving this mascara so much that I have been skipping eyeliner altogether and just wearing eyeshadow and mascara most days.