With all the horrible events that happened this weekend, it’s always extra nice to think about and remember all the good and happy things in life. This is why this is one of my favorite posts to do every week. I had a pretty great week although I don’t remember most of it and it went by in a blur. I went to sleep very early most days so getting a lot of sleep was nice. Hope everyone else had a great week and let me know what are some things that made you happy!
Things That Made Me Happy:
* I went back to the gym last week. I had been on a really good workout kick, going to run around the lake in the mornings after dropping the kids off at school. But towards the end of May, I hurt my knee and ankle and couldn’t run anymore and once school was over for my kids and the little boy I babysit started coming back (he was on vacation all of May), it was to be able to find time to run again with 3 kids. Plus, now that it’s full on summer, the temperature here is well over 110 degrees so I’m pretty sure I would pass out if I tried to run outside in this heat. I finally went back to the gym last week and although the gym is my least favorite workout, it felt good being active again.
* I’m eating healthy again. I got a bit lazy these last few weeks and although I still eat better than I used to, I wasn’t eating as healthy as I used to. I started eating my overnight oats again, and I remembered why I used to love them so much. I also starting buying and eating a lot of fruit again.
* I had a really fun and relaxing weekend, our girls slept at my parents this weekend and we went out to dinner a few times, went out for breakfast, did a bit of shopping, and went to see a movie.
* Last night, we decided to go to the water park in our neighborhood at the last-minute. We usually plan the water park trips and take snacks or food but this was so last-minute we just decided to wing it. We took our kids as well as their friend next door and in front and although we were all starving, we had a lot of fun. My 6-year-old is really getting better at swimming by herself, which I’m super excited about since we love the water.
* Less than 3 weeks until vacation!