I feel like I’m stuck in some kind of limbo right now. After months of not knowing if I want to continue to be a stay at home mom or if I want to get a job again, I finally made a choice and applied for a job and had an interview on Friday. Things look pretty promising except for the fact that I have to figure out who will take care of my kids after school and during the summer…if I do get the job. The after school program is almost impossible to get into and since we live in another town as my family, and my dad can’t pick up my sister’s kids and my kids at the same time I’m kind of out of options at the moment. I don’t even know if I will get the job, but I still want to be prepared just in case. It’s frustrating not knowing what my future could look like in a month or even a week. I had a very shitty Monday last week, but Tuesday and the rest of the week made up for it. We had to go to the city to get our passports and it took so long that we decided to make a day out of it. I did really good with my workouts last week. I’m still doing the T25 workouts, but I started walking around the lake in the mornings for a few laps and it’s so nice and relaxing. It’s less than 5 minutes from my house and the school so I have no excuse to not go. The weather is beautiful and the view is lovely although I do get sleepy earlier from doing two workouts (most days). Hope everyone else had a great week too!
Things That Made Me Happy…
- I can notice a bigger difference in my body from the workouts and it’s definitely making me happy!
- I wore shorts out in public. I’ve always been kind of embarrassed to wear shorts in public because my legs are soooo white and because of the extra weight I used to have. Now that I’ve slimmed down, I feel a lot more comfortable in shorts and wore my Nike spandex shorts to go to the store. Part of me wanted to drive back home, but I didn’t. I don’t give a shit about my white legs anymore.
- I updated my resume and applied for a job. My old job, which I loved (I was an Associate Technical Designer) was laid off when the company relocated to Pennsylvania three years ago and I opted not to go, since then
- I’ve been a stay at home mom and I loved it. But lately, I miss having a job and adult interaction. I polished my resume, applied for a job and got an interview in the same week. Now I just need to look for other jobs to apply too.
- I’ve been trying to set somewhat of a daily schedule, some days it works, others it doesn’t but I have more days where my schedule works which is good enough for me.
- I’ve been going to bed early. I have been a night owl for as long as I can remember. I used to think of sleep as such a waste of time since I had so much more I wanted to do with my days. I used to stay up until 2-3am even when I used to go to school and when I worked. In the past few months, I just can’t hang that late anymore and I’ve been going to bed at a more reasonable hour (around 11-12am). It feels so nice to have that extra time to sleep!
- On Tuesday, my boyfriend skipped work (traded days) and we didn’t end up sending our girls to school since it would take about an hour to get there. Instead we went out to eat a late breakfast, we saw The Jungle Book (which was awesome). we went swimming and came back home to pass out for a few hours. It was such a nice day.
- I did a bit of shopping in preparation for my vacation in a few months. Charlotte Russe had a killer sale and I bought a few sandals, sunglasses and some jewelry. I’m just waiting for it to get shipped now (and crossing my fingers that the shoes fit me).