I can’t believe May is pretty much over! It felt equally long and short all at once. Maybe it was because I had a lot going on and nothing going on at the same time. It was my niece’s 15th birthday party, I turned 30, it was the last month of school and it was busy of events and activities, and I didn’t have the baby I take care of all month so my days were long. I watched a few movies and played a whole lot of Tsum Tsum app and I ran a lot in the mornings after dropping off my kids at school. All in all, it was a great month and I hope June is just good or even better!
Things That Made Me Happy:
* I dyed my hair and got a haircut. I actually did this the week of my birthday, I got highlights and cut my hair really short, like up to my shoulders. It took some getting used to because I had brown hair for almost a year, but I’m really loving my new hair. Puts me in a summer mood.
* They opened the water park in my neighborhood and I got to go a few times this weekend. On Saturday we went with my boyfriends family and on Monday my parents, my sister, her husband and their kids came over and we swam a lot and then had a cookout at their place after. A nice way to spend the holiday.
* My 6-year-old is learning to swim. My oldest learned to swim early because her grandma has a pool at her house and she’s a bit fearless, but my little one is more of a chicken so she was always scared to try to swim. This past week she all of a sudden asked to get in the water without her life jacket and I’m surprised at how fast she’s getting the hang of it. I was in the water with her for house while she learned to float and do flips in the water.
* I finally read a book! I love to read, like I really love to read. I have over 800 physical books in my book room and many more on my kindle, but lately I have been in a book slump. I hadn’t read a book in almost 2 months, which is definitely the longest I’ve ever gone without reading. I finally read a few books last week and even though I pretty much hated both of them, it really put me in the mood to read again. I guess reading those crappy books made me appreciate the good books. I’m rereading one of my favorites right now.
* I cleaned my house this weekend! I had only planned to clean up my makeup on my vanity, but once I organized that I moved on to my desk and then I just decided to finish cleaning all of upstairs, vacuuming and washing clothes. Yesterday I mopped downstairs so now I feel much better that my house is clean.
* My knees and ankles feel so much better (I hurt them on one of my runs and wasn’t able to run anymore) so I plan on going back to the lake to do my runs again. It will be trickier to find time to do it now since my girls are out of school and the baby is back, it hopefully I’ll find a way to make it work.