So happy that June is officially here! The weather has been super hot here in Tucson but I swear I must be used to it by now. At night-time it is usually around 110 degrees. Of course, I either spend most of my summer days indoors or at the water park. I really hope that this month goes by super fast because I’m dying to go on vacation at the beginning of next month. I am literally counting down the days! Last week was a very calm week for me, which is fine by me. I feel like I spent most of May having to go to school events, family parties or graduations so it was nice to not go out at all for most of the week. It did make my kids a little stir-crazy but I needed a break. I also took a break from my computer and social media and spent most of my week reading, it was lovely. Hope everyone else had a great week!
Things That Made Me Happy:
* I read, a lot. I love books. I have about 800 physical books in my book room and even more than that on my kindle and so many audiobooks. I have been in a really bad reading slump for the past few weeks/months and I hadn’t been reading much. I used to read 3-4 books a week and lately, I was lucky if I read a book in 1-2 weeks. Last week, I was in the mood to read and ended up reading 3 really great books. Two of those I read in a day each. One of the books I read was One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid. It’s about a girl whose husband disappears when his helicopter goes down on their one year wedding anniversary and is presumed dead. After piecing her life back together and falling in love again few years later, she finds out that her husband has survived the crash and is coming back home. She suddenly finds herself with a husband, a fiance and no idea what to do with her life. Such a good book! If anyone is curious about it, you can read more about it here. It’s out tomorrow! Here is a list of my favorite top ten beach reads for the summer. ?
* I got new makeup! New makeup always makes me happy. I used the last of my birthday money and bought the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette (which is AMAZING!) and I picked up the Urban Decay/Gwen Stefani eye shadow palette on sale. Also a really pretty palette.
* Good music. I love listening to music, I’m always listening to music and when I cancelled my Rhapsody account last year I lost all my songs. I have been slowly rebuilding my playlists and remembering songs that I used to have. My sister and I have been talking about old music we used to listen to, mostly old R&B and I’ve been listening to a lot of it lately.
* I’ve been using my planner again. I need to make lists and have stuff written down (actually written down and not just on my phone) in order to remember things and be organized. I didn’t use my planner or my notebooks in all of May and I felt like my month was all out of whack. Especially regarding blog posts. I’m back to use my planner and I feel a lot more organized.
* I am officially 25 days away from vacation!